Image Map


Monday, April 15, 2013

A Positive Reflection : Dove Real Beauty



On a tragic day as today with the bombing in Boston, I would like to share with you my thoughts. 

 It is devastating, the recent happenings and my thoughts and prayers go out to everyone who has been effected. 

 In any darkness I always try to find the light or silver lining. This to me seems distant or even I question exist at all. When things happen that are so tragic, I always try to reflect on the good still left in and around me.

There are so many cruel and evil people in our world and to have people in your life that are good is beautiful and should be celebrated. To have a pure heart is beautiful and too should be celebrated. 

Loving beauty products and beautiful things sometimes gets me caught up, especially in the work that I am in, (i work with a cosmetic surgeon) perfecting every little thing, sometimes has me jaded. 

Lately I have been a little over critical of myself and I stumbled upon this Dove Real Beauty video. It definitely encouraged me to try to see myself as others may. Its amazing to me how so many of us (yes me too) concentrate more on our minor flaws (which makes us unique) rather than all that makes us beautiful. Not to mention someones heart always seems to shine through no matter what we perceive of our outward appearance.

I wanted to share this video with you and leave you with one last thought. 

Proverbs 31:30
Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.

We can all work on being beautiful on the inside out. Beauty from within, our heart's can help our beauty shine through. See yourself as others see you. Kind, Caring, Funny, Respectful, Supportive, Intelligent, Courageous, Loyal, are just a few traits that make a women beautiful.

Look at all the beauty still left in and around us and be happy.
-Anne Frank


. post signature

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...